Position: UI/UX Designer
Location: 100% Remote, Wisconsin
Engagement: 6-Month Contract, Potential to Extend
Start Date: Janurary 2022
Our enterprise health system partner is in search of a User Experience Designer aimed to support user-centered methods to research, design, test, and guide implementation of service touchpoints across channels including mobile, web, text, voice, chat, in-person, and print. The Designer will work collaboratively with and serve professionals across the enterprise (Clinics, Hospitals, and Health Plan) to holistically improve the clinical and service experience for health system's patients and employees.
- Bachelor's degree in visual, user experience, interaction, graphic, communication, industrial design, or other related field.
- Five years’ experience with user experience design, with a focus on digital services.
- One year of qualitative design research experience.
- Expert-level understanding of visual, communication, interaction, and user experience design practices.
- Expert-level understanding service design, human-centered design, customer-centered design, and/or strategic design practices.
- Experience across varying industries and work environments including consultancy or agency, in-house, and startups; experience in related disciplines such as product development, corporate innovation, or change management; industry experience in healthcare, health sciences, or digital innovation (or related area); and demonstrated data analysis skills.
- Facilitates the definition of clear customer and touchpoint objectives, and corresponding metrics, together with Customer Experience (CX) team digital analysts. When needed, facilitates the definition of clear and measurable business objectives and technology considerations.
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative design research and analysis to identify relevant human needs, motivations, perceptions, pain points, and behaviors. Communicates research findings in clear, compelling, and actionable formats.
- Analyzes user feedback and touchpoint activity (e.g. web analytics). Models the current state of key customer and employee interaction flows. Develops personas and usage scenarios. Identifies existing and future key customer tasks.
- Conducts market, trend, and competitive research.
- Develops wireframes, mockups, screen layouts, interactions flows, storyboards, user interface models, and other deliverables that guide the organization to designs that will meet customer and business objectives.
- Communicates concepts and designs both visually, in the form of storyboards, sketches, and mockups, and verbally through presentations, critique, and discussions. Makes abstract experiences tangible and creates a shared mental model of touchpoints for the project team.
- Rapidly prototypes touchpoints to identify the behavioral, business, operational, organizational, and technical factors that designs must account for, adapt to, or change.
- Provides an exceptional user and brand experience across service touchpoints through well-crafted visual design.
- Assists with content development.
- Arranges for other specialists such as visual designers, content writers, data and usability analysts, and technologists to apply their expertise when needed to inform design decisions.
- Facilitates co-design across organizational service lines, staff, stakeholders, and hierarchies to both ensure the right subject matter input and to build support for change.
- Applies appropriate testing methods such as multivariate testing, heuristic evaluations, and usability testing.
- Measures touchpoint performance and satisfaction of customer objectives, or works with data analyst to do so, in order to evaluate the effectiveness of implemented designs, prioritize improvements, and continuously improve touchpoint performance.
- Owns the user experience lead role on assigned projects to ensure that touchpoints are optimized for intended users and business objectives.
- Helps stakeholders understand user needs, and their relevancy to the success of the project and organization.
- Collaborates with other designers, software developers, management, and production teams to ensure implemented touchpoints and interfaces, such as software and print materials, deliver on design intent.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.