Position: Case/Care Management Assistant (remote)
Duration: 3-month contract (rolling extension up to 1 yr)
Our client is looking for a Case/Care Management Assistant to process service requests, authorize referrals as appropriate, and ensure all case data is correctly entered in the various systems.
Day to Day:
- Receives, logs-in and distributes all case management referrals
- Authorizes services or referrals not requiring clinical review
- Provides coverage determination and/or eligibility status
- Handles phone call- backs for the Care Managers, schedules beneficiary appointments
- Assists in maintaining the integrity of the data systems by entering information into department’s data systems
- Assists in the entry of Care Manager notes when needed
- Assists in the data analysis in month end research of problem authorizations
- Contacts provider offices to gather data as needed for reports, problem resolution or to explain benefits
- Prepares regular and ad hoc reports and distributes as needed
- Acts as liaison between the UM/CM when needed
- Provides administrative support to department management and staff, such as distributing mail, correspondence, ordering office supplies, scheduling meetings and faxing documents
- Supports department document control function by receiving and distributing cases from other sources, maintaining order in the Utilization Management document control room, and working cooperatively with other departments
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- High School Diploma or College Degree
- ~2 years of experience in medical environment
- Previous TRICARE, managed care, or case/care/utilization management experience preferred
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Friendly and service-oriented.
- Possesses intermediate flexibility to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.