The Certified Surgical Technologist is responsible for performing a variety of duties in the operating room area to assist the surgical team, such as scrubbing on all types of orthopedic surgical procedures, preparing equipment and sterile instruments for use, and maintaining a clean and safe environment.
-Onsite in Indianapolis
-4×10 DAYS – NO WEEKENDS
-13-week contract with the possibility of extension
· Minimum Level of Education – Associates Degree or Equivalent
· Certified Surgical Technologist Certification and BLS Certification
· 1-2 years of experience; preferred but not required.
· Technology: ADP, Microsoft Office
· Prepare sterile setup with instruments, supplies, equipment, and solutions/medications for cases as needed and assists surgeons in all types of procedures as required.
· Performs appropriate counts as established by policy and procedure.
Reviews surgeon preference cards.
· Maintains aseptic environment for patients.
· Maintains clean, safe, and functional operation room environment and equipment.
· Assists professional personnel in the control of supplies and medications.
· Ensures proper care and maintenance of all surgical instrumentation and equipment used.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.