Position: Staff Data Architect
Location: Salt Lake City, UT (Remote)
Start Date: ASAP
Our client, located in Salt Lake City, UT is rapidly growing and starting several new initiatives around population health management. They are looking to bring on a staff level data architect to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics or closely related field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution.
- Two years experience in database design, development, and business intelligence technologies.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of SQL (structured query language).
- Experience with IBM tools (DataStage, InfoSphere) (preferred not required)
- Experience with healthcare claims data experience (preferred not required)
- Records detailed logical and physical data models in the information repository and coordinates the publication and maintenance of these models.
- Facilitates database design sessions and translates business requirements into logical and physical system designs for moderately complex projects.
- Coordinates the physical database design and implementation process for moderately complex projects. Designs the optimal data presentation environment for the customer and works with various reporting tools.
- Coordinates with specific database performance monitoring and tuning tasks including the design of optimization and indexing schemes for moderately complex projects.
- Develops, tests and implements ETL (extract, transformation. and load) routines.
- Documents business requirements and essential functionality requirements for in-house developments.
- Ensures proper integration with existing Intermountain Healthcare's data, standards, and business processes.
- Provides leadership for moderately complex projects through development of project work plans, recommendations for optimal utilization of resources, milestone tracking, and coordination of project team efforts. Keeps management and customers informed of progress and exceptions.
- Assists in the development and implementation of system backup, recovery, and support plans.
- Addresses the customer needs, manages expectations and ensures system-wide integration.
- Participates in the technical review process of designs completed by other designers.
- Develops, documents, and delivers complex ad-hoc queries of production data as requested by business users.
- Consults with the business users that are performing queries. Works effectively with clients and staff to determine needs, specifications, feasibility, and project priorities.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.