Title:Senior Medical Technologist – Hematology Lab
Location: Chicago, IL
The Senior Medical Technologist in our Hematology Lab Flow Cytometry section performs a wide range of clinical analyses in the flow cytometry section including diagnostic flow cytometry for leukemia and lymphoma and operates a state-of-the-art integrated instrument system. The senior tech will be responsible for section technical guidance, quality control, instrument maintenance, instrument and method development and validation. Works collaboratively with colleagues, participates in process improvement projects, and trains MT students.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least four years of relevant clinical flow cytometry experience.
- Demonstrated competence in development and implementation of laboratory developed tests (LDT).
- Ability to use and understand basic statistical concepts and methods that are commonly utilized in clinical laboratory science.
- Knowledge and ability to use laboratory hospitals information systems.
- Bachelor's in an advanced clinical laboratory science or related field, from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred
- Must satisfy CLIA 88 qualification requirements for general supervisor who oversees testing personnel performing high complexity testing.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to stand, stretch, and bend for majority of time worked; ability to lift up to 30 pounds; exceptional organizational ability; ability to work in stress situations; attention to detail mandatory
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.