Schedule Details/Additional Information:
No on-call, no weekends, no holidays Flexibility to stay later based on patient visit and lab schedules, may be asked to cover other sites.
Degrees: Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent knowledge) in Nursing -PREFERRED or Bachelor's Degree in Biology, or Bachelor's Degree in Health Science
- Performs clinical and administrative coordination of sponsored clinical trials, research protocols/projects, and biospecimen collection studies, as applicable. Provides guidance to physicians, clinical staff and research team members.
- Coordinates assigned research studies in collaboration with other team members and key stakeholders, including but not limited to; study start-up, review of study CTA/budget/CTMS, IRB submissions, recruitment, screening, and enrollment of research subjects, development of mechanisms to maximize subject adherence to the research protocol, maintain source documentation, data collection (i.e. development, completion and submission of case report forms (EDC), study drug/device accountability, monitoring of subjects, AE/SAE reporting, study close out, and facilitates quality assurance inspections and audits. Acts as a liaison between sponsor and investigators and as the primary protocol/project contact for team members and clinical staff.
- Plans, develops and implements educational plans to disseminate protocol/project information with research staff, investigators and clinical staff. Reviews protocol amendments and updates, research related orders (in collaboration with Investigational Drug Services), and study-specific workflows.
- Ensures that laboratory requirements are being met for specimen procurement, proper collection, processing and shipment of specimens.
- Serves as Primary Research Coordinator on studies across multiple sites guiding research team members involved in the study and coordinates and tracks research activities across sites.
- Coaches and mentors research team members and other personnel. Assist with implementation of educational training plans including orientation.
- Maintains competency in research computer applications Attends and participates in educational programs, meetings, and assigned committees.
- Licensed nurses will utilize advanced assessment skills to identify patient care problems, provide professional nursing care to research patients and support Research Coordinators in performing nursing activities as needed.
- 5 years of experience in Oncology Research.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, International Conference of Harmonization, FDA Guidance documents, Department of Health and Human Services regulations, standard operating procedures.
- Ability to successfully conduct and manage a research study.
- Ability to mentor team members and to prepare training plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Ability to problem solve and work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to establish a good rapport with patients, investigators and sponsors.
- Competency in using Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Microsoft Office Suite, and other computerized programs
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, reach above shoulders and twist throughout shift.
- Must have functional sight and hearing.
- Ability to function in a latex environment.
- May be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and radiation hazards as well as blood and body fluids on a continuous basis; therefore, protective clothing (i.e., gown, mask, goggles, gloves, etc.) must be worn as necessary.
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Position may require travel among sites and therefore there is exposure to road and weather conditions.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.