Title: Sr. Systems Engineer (Cloud)
Start Date: Nov. 9th or ASAP
Location: Cincinnati, OH
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Research; analyze; design; implement; and troubleshoot information systems and technology solutions in support of business needs. Document troubleshooting procedures; operations manuals; and user guidance. Serve as a mentor to junior level engineers.
- Help manage the design, development, and implementation of new and enhanced application requests.
- Support the communication between internal and external parties on project related issues and developments.
- Develop and manage project plans. Identify the appropriate resources needed to complete small projects.
- Determine the scope and complexity of midsized to large projects.
- Prioritize assigned tasks and projects based upon directives from supervisor or customers.
- Work with cross functional teams.
- Provide technical support and third-level problem resolution assistance for production and process issues.
- Troubleshoot and decipher error messages. Identify required resources to resolve minor to large issues.
- Utilizes appropriate Change Control methods to implement system solutions. Proactive in the identification of potential issues and conceptualizing solutions.
- Train teammates in evaluating and monitoring system performance and functionality to avoid potential issues as well as gathering information for future development needs or feasibility studies.
- Participate in on-call support rotation and handle incident resolution, problem determination and resolution during that time.
- Analyze, design, implement, and maintain moderately complex systems that greatly improves clinical care and patient management.
- Plan and conduct system testing. Document testing outcomes.
- Develop technical designs and build tools to automate repetitive tasks to minimize errors and prevent downtime.
- Design, write, and prepare complete user and technical documentation. Analyze existing documentation and provide corrections and enhancement.
- Utilizes Development lifecycle process, operating procedures and documentation to implement and support system solutions.
- Ensure outstanding end-user support is provided, including ongoing monitoring of Service Level Agreements for incident management and collaboration with other areas to ensure customer-centered incident management and support.
- Adhere to and promote continual adoption of change management policies and procedures.
- Model outstanding customer service behavior, including timely and effective follow-up with customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education & experience
- 4 years of related experience analyzing, designing, testing and implementing systems
- 4 years of hands on experience in AWS cloud
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies (Windows, Linux, Unix, Citrix, Backup and Recovery, Networker, Data Domain)
- AWS Cloud Certification
- Experience supporting multiple levels of server operating systems and tools in a large org
- Experience migrating to cloud platform
- Expert knowledge of more than one of the following technologies/methodologies: Directory Services and Identity/Microsoft; Server & Infrastructure Virtualization/VMware; Application & Desktop Delivery/Citrix; Server Hardware, Networking, Exchange & Cloud comp.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and/or Open Systems (Unix, Linux), Backup and Recovery (Networker, Data Domain, NetBackup, ECS) based hardware and software.
- Can apply theories, concepts, principles and techniques to handle a broad range of tasks and situations with limited guidance.
- In-depth knowledge and the ability to resolve complex issues.
- Expert knowledge of own area of specialty and advanced knowledge of disciplines beyond own area of specialty.
- Proven ability to advance technology through both own effort and gaining the support of teammates.
- Recognizing when sufficient information has been obtained to make a decision; evaluating available alternatives and using sound thought processes and relevant experience to make the optimal choice in a timely manner; making difficult decisions even in highly ambiguous situations.
- Lead by example and help others make sound decisions.
- Pursuing work with little supervision or assistance; directing one's own efforts. See problems and solutions and act in the best interest of the organization.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.