Position: Software Configuration Developer
Client: Healthcare Client
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Duration: 6 month contract to hire
- The software configuration developer is responsible for supporting, customizing and further developing the Lab Management System to facilitate the flow of information to and from other equipment and systems used in the labs, improving lab efficiency, ensuring sample integrity, and promoting easy reporting.
- The software developers are responsible for both standing up the system with out of the box functionality and custom development needs to ultimately produce a cohesive solution that streamlines lab processes and ensures the ability to manage, track, and database genomics data within the system.
- Suggest, assess and translate system requirements from the Business Analyst into implementation designs
- Assist in developing and supporting customizations to the Laboratory Information Management software application, including: basic to complex configuration, user interface modifications, automation, and integration
- Design and develop highly performant SQL queries and dynamic reports (Jaspersoft)
- Ensure excellent quality and test coverage, as well as effective performance
- Work on timely resolution of issues and other tasks relevant to the position
- 2+ years experience designing and developing enterprise software using Java, J2EE architecture/technologies
- Experience in configuration of end-user software products is a plus
- Experience working in laboratory, regulated or scientific environments is desirable
- Previous LIMS experience a plus, although on the job training will be provided.
- Education – Masters degree in computer science, data science, computer information systems or related discipline
- Knowledge of browser technologies (JS, CSS, HTML)
- Knowledge of HL7, HIPAA EDI or other standardized messaging interfaces is strongly desired
- Strong relational database knowledge and experience using either Oracle and/or SQL Server
- Willingness to step outside the comfort zone and learn new processes and accept responsibilities atypical of a developer
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.