Senior Medical Communications Specialist
12 month contract
2-3 days onsite in Horsham, PA
The Senior Medical Communications Specialist will act as a highly visible, integral part of the Medical Affairs Oncology therapeutic franchise. You will manage the development of materials for medical science liaisons (MSLs), medical directors, and medical affairs training staff, and create other scientific presentations and perform additional related duties as needed. You may also be involved in the dissemination (or communication) of scientific and clinical information to support medical affairs and clinical research activities. Importantly, you will work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to align on the strategic direction, timely execution, and content of materials.
As a Senior Medical Communications Specialist, you will:
- Collect and critically analyze internal and external documents and studies to develop tools to communicate that information to healthcare providers (HCPs).
- Prepare educational and scientific materials such as congress presentations and slide decks to communicate evidence from clinical studies by the medical affairs organization.
- Lead and execute medical communications and other related projects to facilitate the achievement of short- and long-term objectives for internal customer groups.
- Develop training resources for USPI label updates and line extension launches
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional business partners to fully understand business needs and identify how medical communications can meet such needs.
- Collaborate with alliance partner and participate in monthly strategic medical communications meetings with the alliance partner.
- Maintain and update trackers of scientific and medical data.
- Develop digital tools to support the oncology portfolio.
- Other duties as requested and departmental needs dictate.
- A Master’s degree with a minimum 4-5 years of related (pharmaceutical) work experience OR a PhD/PharmD with a minimum of 1-2 years of related (pharmaceutical) work experience is required
- Experience with Microsoft Office with advanced proficiency in PowerPoint is required
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and presentation skills is required
- Experience with scientific slide deck creation and/or medical writing is required
- Working knowledge of oncology therapeutic area is preferred
- Experience with Veeva Vault PromoMats and MedComms is preferred
- Knowledge of promotional medical, healthcare compliance, legal, and regulatory review process(es) is preferred
- Knowledge of FDA’s consistent with label (CFL) for promotional materials guidance is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work/lead in cross-functional environments is preferred
- This position will be located in Horsham, PA
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.