Title: Senior Business Systems Analyst / Product Owner
Location: San Francisco, CA
Schedule: Hybrid. 2-3 days a week onsite
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst and Product Owner, you will ensure the delivery of transformational software supporting the Pathology organization. You will be responsible for understanding the needs of our distinguished scientists and translating those needs to well-defined and clearly documented software plans for our technical teams. You will work closely with our project stakeholders to gather user stories and guide the functionality of IT systems across the full software development lifecycle. You should be passionate about science & software to excel in the culture of innovation.
- Act as product owner for one or more agile projects within the overall program, by
- Collaborating with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of the product
- Working directly with stakeholders to document requirements as user stories with detailed acceptance criteria
- Translating your product vision and understanding of the end-to-end customer experience into a prioritized product backlog and MVP
- Effectively communicating your vision to the scrum teams
- Work closely with COTS vendor BAs to ensure user stories are translated into functional specifications for system configuration that successfully meet the business needs
- Plan user acceptance test (UAT), create UAT scripts and facilitate UAT
- Support user deployment activities
- Bachelor's degree or higher, with 5+ years of experience analyzing business requirements within a scientific / laboratory environment. 10+ years of experience is preferred
- You have demonstrated success handling initiatives of high complexity and risk
- You have mastered the art of agility, flexibility and time management
- You have successfully played a product owner role on agile software development project(s)
- You have experience in documenting detailed software requirements, user stories, business processes and software specifications for both custom and COTS systems.
- You engage with the BPO/BPM (Business Process Owner/Manager) community and add value with an Informatics point of view, helping continuously improve business processes and solutions
- You have successfully led others in business-process analysis and needs assessments, technology infrastructure evaluations, and/or preliminary cost/benefits analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives
- You enjoy working closely with scientist customers to elicit their system needs and subsequently define complex system requirements, scope, and objectives
- You have experience working as an analyst in all phases of the software development process including requirements gathering, design, implementation, release, and maintenance
- You are able to present your work, both verbally and in writing, to diverse audiences including customers, technical colleagues, and management
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.