Real World Evidence (RWE) RWE Scientist
Remote, Eastern Time Zone
This individual will work closely with the evidence strategists and with the RWE Analytics lead within the Global RWE team to support the development of RWE strategies across the portfolio. The evidence strategists are the interface with the internal partners in Global Medical Affairs, Global Market access and other functions for co-creating together our global RWE strategies via the evidence labs. The RWE scientist will support the evidence strategies in the ideation, development and execution of RWE studies. This individual will report directly to the VP, GCSO Global RWE, and work on daily basis with the with members of Global RWE team.
- Work closely with the Evidence Strategists to support GCSO with Medical Affairs, Market Access and Commercial teams to develop the global strategies for the greatest impact and the plans to execute on them.
- Act as a technical subject matter expert supporting the RWE team by defining data and analytics strategies for specific RWE projects.
- Partner with the evidence strategists to understand data opportunities for global RWE solutions.
- Support in developing data mapping and the ability to have an overview of datasets to address cross functional alignment.
- Ensure scientifically and methodologically rigorous analyses are used for observational studies addressing medical, scientific, economic and outcomes research questions.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as epidemiology, health economics, health outcomes, econometrics, statistics, or related. PhD preferred.
- Ideally 3-5 years of relevant experience with RWE in market access, medical affairs, scientific affairs and/or R&D environment
- Expert knowledge in RWE, epidemiology, health economics and outcomes research, statistical and/or other quantitative methods and predictive modeling frameworks and techniques is required.
- Expertise as a methodologist for observational studies (prospective and retrospective) from design through conduct, analysis and reporting required.
- Demonstrated experience working with routinely collected data (claim databases, electronic medical (health) records, registries), and various structured and possibly unstructured data sources in the healthcare sector within pharmaceutical companies’ settings in commercial market access, medical affairs, scientific affairs and/or R&D environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a solution-oriented mindset required.
- Having a growth mindset focused on sharing learnings and working together as a team.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to navigate change, uncertainty and complexity of organization.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.