Job Title: Release of Information Processor
Hours: 7:00 A.M. – 3:30 P.M.
Location: Louisville, KY ON-SITE
Job Description: Medasource in Louisville, KY is searching for a ROI Processor – 1st Shift for our local client in the healthcare industry. You would be working with one of our best client relationships in a fast-paced, high-energy environment at their downtown location.
You will be responsible for answering inbound phone calls to assist with release of information, Epic MyChart support, and basic Telehealth support.
WHAT WE NEED
Reliable, helpful people who are confident in their ability to communicate over the phone and have experience with medical records and any EHR.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Even in today's online world, the phone is still one of the main ways people get in touch with doctors, staff, patients, and visitors in our hospitals. Many times there are requests for medical records called in over the phone and basic support questions as patients access their MyChart and other telehealth applications. When people call we want to make sure they hear a friendly, helpful voice. If you love talking to people and helping them, you need to keep reading.
Are you good at answering, distributing, and relaying calls? Are you helpful and friendly over the phone? Do you enjoy finding the right answer and seeing things through? And do you have experience with electronic medical records? This job could be for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Basic Release of Information duties:
- printing medical records
- processing medical records
- reading authorizations and selecting records in the electronic system to download to a CD and then mail to the requesters.
- prepping, scanning, filling, and indexing experience highly preferred
- will learn how to screen for HIPAA compliance, navigate shared folders, and create new releases within Epic
• Maintain appropriate documentation of all telecommunications processes.
• Provide general hospital and patient information, answering calls in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Put proper emergency plans into action.
• Attend related meetings and maintain mandated hospital training assignments.
• Assist in generating and understanding reports with other departments as needed.
- medical records experience (dentist offices and chiropractors do not count)
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.