Position: Revenue Cycle Specialist – Remote
Duration: 6 month Contract to Hire
Start Date: ASAP
The Revenue Cycle Specialist is responsible for preparing and processing of inpatient medical claims. This individual will use prior working experience to navigate denial reasons, effectively communicate with Payers, write appeals, and work efficiently with the Collections team to reach compliance guidelines and team goals.
- 4+ years of facility/hospital collections experience working with UB04's
- Proficient computer knowledge including MS Office, specifically Excel
- Prior working knowledge and experience with commercial, appeals, denials, research/escalating issues with Payers.
- Verify all the information for claims billing is correctly in the database and will contact the appropriate personnel as needed to obtain missing or unclear billing information. Verify estimated reimbursements and claims paid.
- Ability to multitask and operate through different tasks and internal systems.
- Review all funded invoices to determine the correct billing method and complete the UB04 claim form with required documentation for payment.
- Possess previous knowledge and experience to work with the team through denial reasons, calling Payers, write and work through appeals, and work diligently with collections. The ability to identify trends and issues.
- Relay updated information regarding state policy changes to the department.
- Possess the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, have good judgment skills, and be capable of making decisions with attention to detail.
- Effectively demonstrate verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict in a timely and effective manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and computer typing skills.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.