Position: Senior Technical Support Engineer- FANUC Products
Location: Madison, WI
The Senior Technical Support Engineer will provide outstanding technical support to clinical laboratories specific to laboratory automation equipment for one of the country's leading biotechnology companies. This position will resolve advanced troubleshooting requests, assess, and understand root cause and failure modes to determine solutions and implement change. The Senior Technical Support Engineer will be well versed in the manufacturing automation OEM landscape and serve as a SME for FANUC equipment selection, service processes, and support evolution, advising senior leadership and championing improvement efforts. This individual will handle lab automation service support- ensuring appropriate training and instructions are created and disseminated.
- Provide technical support for FANUC lab automation equipment
- Provide senior level escalation expertise across the global business for lab automation equipment. FANUC Field Service experience is required.
- Create experiment plans and coordinate studies to reproduce customer issues and find root cause of failure.
- Utilizes strong data analysis skills to interpret log files and reports to support troubleshooting, tracking, and trending efforts, identify root cause, and new failure modes.
- Create and interpret data queries to support equipment investigations.
- Summarize and document troubleshooting activities, create and present executive summaries.
- Apply and teach excellent problem-solving abilities and advanced troubleshooting in all initiatives.
- Identify top lab automation bottlenecks and needs, initiate improvement efforts.
- Use data, company objectives and customer needs to identify improvement opportunities, prioritize opportunities based on value add.
- Lead or participate in improvement efforts, pulling together justification, prioritization, and team members as appropriate.
- Provide strong thought leadership.
- Apply exceptional mechanical and analytical aptitude to all initiatives and projects.
- Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and drive tasks to completion.
- Develop service and support infrastructure for lab automation.
- Develop and document advanced troubleshooting methodology.
- Partner with training teams and service personnel to develop and deploy equipment installation, maintenance, and repair processes.
- Act as FANUC equipment SME for new products and product evolution.
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform all service activities in compliance with all relevant safety and regulatory bodies (e.g., OSHA, CLIA, etc.).
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.