Title: Podiatry/ Orthopedic Coder II
Length: 6 month Contract or Contract to Hire
Education: Skills assessment required to determine competency level of coding skills. Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coder Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) required.
Experience: One (1) year of coding experience required; three (3) years preferred.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated knowledge of HCPCS, ICD-10 and CPT coding guidelines, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Ability to accurately code diagnosis, diagnostic and surgical procedures with a depth of knowledge in Evaluation and Management (E/M) coding within a specialty or service line.
- Knowledge of legal, regulatory, and policy compliance issues related to medical coding and documentation
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Research skills including knowledge of automated analysis tools and on-line research tools to resolve complex coding and healthcare issues.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work within a team environment, using excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills to share audit findings, risk areas, and compliance issues with coders, office managers, physicians, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.