Position: Lab Supervisor
Client: Healthcare Client
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Duration: 6 month CTH
Shift: M-F, 8am-5pm
- Creates and maintains an environment for Customer Service.
- Serves as a resource to medical, nursing, and support staff.
- Works with other hospital personnel/committees to implement multi-discipline projects.
- Specimen problem investigation and resolution for customer/patient, includes incident reporting and resolution.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate respectfully and foster interpersonal relationships with staff, patients, and clients
- Demonstrates the ability to present information in a clear, concise and effective manner to staff, and management.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide feedback, including updates/process changes to staff
- Policy and Procedures.
- Create and update policies and procedures and educate staff.
- Assists, through support, the development or implementation of new processes.
- Management of staff.
- Demonstrates ability to select, train and motivate staff. Monitors day-to-day laboratory operations, direct workforce appropriately and equitably.
- Prioritizes and adjusts work schedules.
- Maintains awareness of staff development issues, providing timely and specific feedback.
- Responsible for PARs and appropriate disciplinary actions.
- Demonstrates compliance with institutional standards by conducting timely department orientation, performance evaluations and monitoring progress of staff learning plans.
- Bachelor's degree in biological, physical, or chemical science OR Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or medical technology with phlebotomy experience
- Supervisory skills required to plan, assign, direct, and evaluate the work of subordinate staff
- Effective interpersonal skills required in interactions with department staff, other NCH personnel, other agencies and institutions, and the public.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.