Title: Pathologists' Assistant
Location: Columbus, OH
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6-month contract or CTH
Assists with some functions performed by the anatomic pathologists. Performs autopsies, photography, and grossing of surgical specimens under the supervision of a pathologist. Monitors progress of tissue studies for autopsy cases and arranges tissue storage and organization
- Provides gross descriptions for all specimens, assessing biopsies for adequacy, macrophotography, selecting appropriate tissues for special studies, autopsy prosection and proper restoration of body for release to funeral director.
- Maintains knowledge of techniques, procedures, and protocols, lab-wide and within lab section. Reviews and acknowledges procedures as required. Assists with procedure and technical development and acts as a resource.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and upholds applicable laws and regulations related to position.
- Wears appropriate personal protective equipment as designated by lab area. Responsible for detailed cleaning of autopsy area and equipment after use. Reports spills and hazardous situations immediately and acts appropriately.
- Follows established guidelines for disclosure of patient information.
- Performs routine and complex technical procedures and functions in the laboratory information system in an adequate and timely manner. Performs preventive maintenance and quality control with appropriate documentation and communication.
- Presents continuing education. Participates in special projects and presentation of results
- Bachelor’s degree in biological or allied health sciences from an accredited institution, required.
- Master’s, or Ph.D., in biological or allied health sciences from an accredited institution, preferred.
- ASCP PA Certification required
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.