Job Title: Medical Technologist I
Client: Large Healthcare Provider
Location: Muncie, IN
Start Date: 3/1/2021
Duration: 6-month Contract-to-Hire
· Mostly chemistry based
3rd shift, but can “float” to other shifts extra help is needed
- A lot of specimen testing, Electrophoresis, immune allergen testing
- Collecting, processing, and analyzing data
· Requires Bachelor's degree in a related science
Chemistry, Biology, Micro Biology, BioChem
(Certification is not required)
OR Has completed an approved Medical Laboratory Technician Program or a Medical Laboratory Specialist (Laboratory Technician) certification from an official military medical laboratory procedures course of at least 50 weeks duration, dependent on when coursework was completed.
· The manager is looking for someone with GREAT soft skills
· Experience: recent graduates or people with 1+ years of experience in a clinical lab
· Medical or Clinical lab experience either in college or right after would be a major bonus
· Assists with laboratory testing on patient specimens
· Under direction, may provide information for the diagnosis and treatment.
· Helps to maintain records of performance and utilizes independent judgment to generate acceptable test results.
· Performs all tasks according to standard operating procedures.
· Assists with development and modification of procedures and assumes additional responsibilities as outlined by management or the laboratory director.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.