Position: Medical Genetic Technologist
Client: Healthcare Client
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Duration: 6 month contract to hire
The Medical Genetic Technologist primarily responsible for performing routine and complex technical laboratory procedures potentially including, but not limited to:
- Nucleic acid quantitation and QC, including agarose gel electrophoresis, Agilent TapeStation, Agilent Bioanalyzer 2100, quantitative PCR, Nucleic Acid quantification: Nanodrop UV-VIS spectrophotometry, and Qubit fluorescence.
- PCR, Reverse-transcriptase PCR, Real-time PCR
- Creation of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Libraries: Genome, Exome, RNA-Seq, ArcherDx FusionPlex and VariantPlex.
- Next-generation sequencing: using Illumina HiSeq4000, NovaSeq, and MiSeq sequencers
- Interpretation and review of next-generation and Sanger sequencing data
- Operation of automated liquid handling systems including Agilent and BioMek instrumentation
- Sanger sequencing, SNP genotyping
- Documentation of clinical results in software and laboratory databases
- Follow established SOP’s in a CAP/CLIA accredited laboratory
- Providing courteous and informative internal and external customer service
- Effectively communicating with co-workers, staff, and directors
- Documentation and review of laboratory QC/QA
- Maintaining laboratory instrumentation
- Involvement in training and competencies
- Participation in new assay validation and translational research
- Technical and computational skills required for NGS and Sanger analyses include proficiency in use of genetic databases including UCSC Genome Browser, Ensembl, NCBI, VarSome, Illumina software, primer design software, Sequencher and Mutation Surveyor. in addition to vendor provided and laboratory developed software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and capability to become proficient in vendor provided and laboratory developed software
- Hours of this position will be Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm
- Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory science; or a chemical, physical or biological science from an accredited institution.
- An ideal candidate will possess an American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) certification (MT, MB or CG). If not currently holding ASCP certification, and hired based on experience, the certification exam must be completed within 3 years of start date.
- 1-5 years’ experience in Molecular Genetics
- Experience performing analysis of genetic and genomic data preferred
Our partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs. For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.