Job Title: Medical Device Program Manager
Location; Columbus, Ohio
Client: Medical Device / Healthcare
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 1 year contract
The Project Manager’s primary function is to plan, lead, and manage medical device programs, utilizing multi-disciplined product development teams. Projects span portions of or the entire development life-cycle, from concept/feasibility, to detailed design, and on to manufacturing transition and launch, as well as post launch support.
The Project Manager is accountable to lead the overall program planning, staffing, project execution, cost control, risk management, and primary client relationship duties. The Project Manager has significant autonomy in project execution, working under the oversight of the group’s Advisory Board for that particular project.
- Lead proposal efforts, in collaboration with internal team and client, to define an overall approach, schedule, and cost that represents an acceptable benefit to the client – both commercial and government.
- Facilitate detailed project planning, including all elements of scope, cost, schedule, risk and technical performance deliverables, to fully define the project through completion.
- Conduct project activities within the framework of the group’s ISO 13485 Quality System and applicable government and industry regulations
- Manage internal team project performance by proactively balancing the triple-constraint of scope, cost, and schedule, leading to a successful conclusion.
- Serve as the primary client contact throughout the project execution, providing periodic assessments of project performance against plan, raising and executing needed risk mitigations.
- Provide periodic assessments of project performance against plan, raising and executing needed risk mitigations.
- Stay abreast of Project Management best practices and share key learnings with project management and project team staff.
- Be an active participant in the high performing, continual improvement culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a business management field from an accredited institution, and a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in project management roles leading complex, multi-discipline product development projects.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and project management skills with ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external counterparts.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, Project, Excel, and other standard programs for project, business and financial management.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD, MBA) in engineering or business/management field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience working within medical device development Quality Systems. (ISO 13485, 90001, etc)
- Experience across the medical device development continuum, from concept development activities through product launch.
- Experience in commercial medical device industry and government contracts.
- Experience with Planisware
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.