Position: Lab Interface Specialist
Location: Nashville, TN
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 1-year contract
- Oversees the development of laboratory instrument interfacing with the laboratory information management system (LIMS) applications utilized by both the Clinical Lab and Environmental Lab sections.
- Leads workflow analyses, defining requirements, submitting statements of work documentation to vendor/staff and requests for proposal/contract development support for interfacing new instruments.
- Supports lab informatics teammates in the management of the LIMS and electronic orders and results interfaces between the LIMS and electronic health records systems (EHR) as well as between the LIMS and disease surveillance systems operated by state and federal partners.
- Supports the daily interface between laboratorians, clinicians, administrative, and the LIMS by utilizing direct written and verbal communication in responding to user inquiries.
- Translates public health practice information between laboratorians, clinicians, administrative staff, epidemiologists, Information Technology (IT), and others.
- Assists laboratorians, clinicians, administrative staff, epidemiologists, Information Technology (IT), and others in assuring patient safety and confidentiality in accordance with Department of Health policy and HIPAA standards.
- Utilizes knowledge of applications to investigate, recommend, and implement solutions to address operational requirements.
- Five (5) years’ experience with deployment or implementation of applications systems (clinical preferred), or a related field with a foundation in systems design, analysis, and evaluation.
- Prior experience in assisting with the successful implementation of a nationally recognized electronic health record system is preferred.
- Previous experience implementing Laboratory Instrument Interface systems, specifically for a LIMS or LIS
- HL7 interface experience required
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.