Identity Access Management (IAM) Engineer
Our client is a top hospital system in the Greater Atlanta area. The Manager of Security Administration is looking for an Identity access Management (IAM) Engineer to join the team and assist in the automation of manual provisioning efforts. This client is one of our best relationships, providing an amazing culture to all employees and opportunity for professional growth. If you are interested in the opportunity and believe you meet the qualifications, please apply below!
- Uses a comprehensive understanding of multiple IAM, operational and security technologies, to assist the analysis, design and deployment of IAM architecture and other security projects to proactively identify and mitigate organizational risk, streamline access management activities, ensure resources are secured, and adapt to changing threat landscapes.
- Provides technical support across applications and guidance to other functional areas to define IAM software/hardware requirements and in planning and delivering IAM Solutions. Analyzes infrastructure and capacity planning.
- Employs knowledge of required procedures, methodologies and/or application standards, including but not limited to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Health Information Trust Alliance (HITRUST), Payment Card Industry (PCI) and security related compliance to write or modify software programs to include analysis, writing specifications and code, program installation and documentation for use with multiple application/user database systems. Maintains information systems by configuring software and hardware, tracking errors and data movement, and troubleshooting.
- Solicits feedback from internal customers and IT teams to understand how well information systems are serving customers.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Assists in project implementations that support the IAM program
- Bachelor's Degree OR Associate’s Degree with 2 years of experience in computer science, information technology, or related degree OR 5+ years of experience in information technology
- Familiar with supporting UNIX and Windows Servers. Experience with remote administration tools, basic networking concepts, Help Desk support, scripting/programming and/or logical access administration using security products (ACF2, Active Directory, LDAP, etc.).
- Technical experience with supporting/upgrading/process improvement for SailPoint IdentityIQ, Unix, Windows Server, SSO solutions, and federation.
- Have experience in Identity Management and Identity Governance, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./peer review).
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Familiar knowledge of security technologies
- Experience in a healthcare facility
- ServiceNow experience and expertise.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.