Position: Hospital Biller (remote)
Duration: 6 month Contract to Hire
Start Date: ASAP
The Facility Biller will utilize prior knowledge and experience to process the billing of inpatient and outpatient medical claims.
- 3+ years of facility/hospital billing experience working with UB04's
- Proficient computer knowledge including MS Office, specifically Excel
- Working knowledge and experience with electronic & paper billing
- Knowledge of CPT codes and how DRG's are calculated
- Utilizing prior inpatient and hospital experience to apply and work through split billing and interim bills.
- Ability to process and work claim edits/fatal edits.
- Ensure proper documentation in the organization's billing system.
- Provide and address billing concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Possesses prior working experience with electronic and paper billing.
- Possess the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, have good judgment skills, and be capable of making decisions with attention to detail.
- Effectively demonstrate verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict in a timely and effective manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and computer typing skills.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.