Position: HL7 Integration Engineer
Location: 100% Remote
Duration: 1 Year, Possibility to Extend
Start Date: Late June
Our leading global medical technology client is in search of a HL7 Integration Engineer. You will provide expertise with sustained customer success and growth in the post-sales customer lifecycle through training, professional services, technical support, renewals, outcome attainment, retention, expansion, and customer advocacy with a digital focus. You will also be responsible for departmental operations planning/execution and focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
- Review customer’s IT environment and coordinate with Project Managers and customers to develop HL7 and DICOM interfaces between a customer’s HIS/RIS, PACS, VNA and other healthcare systems.
- Plan out and execute technical installation of integration projects in coordination with customer and other vendor resources.
- Complete administrative/compliance records relating to customer installations.
- Liaise with Project Managers, Installation Engineers local Field Service Representatives and Account Managers at both technical and business levels.
- Obtain customer EMR/RIS HL7 requirements & system workflow issues.
- Configure HL7 mapping on an interface engine to meet customer workflow needs.
- Develop and obtain approval for integration test plans with customers.
- Consult with the customer on converting patient, visit, exam and result records into the database of a VNA or clinical document repository.
- Assist with migration of data from legacy PACS to replacement PACS, VNA and/or clinical document repository.
- Assist with configuration of Imaging Analytics measuring operational and clinical metrics.
- Ability to upgrade application software and apply service patches when necessary.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline and analytical thinking and technical experience to execute policy/strategy.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Uses sound judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated processes/workflow with technical variety and/or interdependent applications.
- Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions/solutions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues. Shares knowledge with team members.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Computer Science or General Business
- Cloverleaf Level 2-3 Certified and/or a minimum of 3+ yrs interface engine experience.
- HL7 Certified and/or a minimum of 3 years HL7 experience
- Project Management Experience
- Knowledge Of: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Windows and Microsoft SQL or Microsoft Access.
- TCL or C programming experience
- Experience working independently on multiple projects
- Experience with multiple Interface Engines: Cloverleaf (Quovadx) / DataGate / Openlink
- Knowledge of working with relational database query language
- Familiarity with product development and release process (e.g. GEMS PRD process)
- Experience with Information Systems Integration
- Unix and/or Linux experience
- Experience with Clinical and Cardiology Systems products and related workflow
- Familiarity with Six Sigma quality principals
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.