The laboratory team of a St. Louis Park, MN is currently seeking a self-motivated, quality-focused Histology Technician or Histology Technologist to join their team. A great opportunity to work in an integrated health system providing an expansive test menu. The laboratory improves the health of inpatient, emergency center, and ambulatory patients through precise and accurate collections and testing. We rely on collaboration with our care teams to provide complete care to improve patient outcomes. Our dedication to continuous improvement provides ample opportunities to develop individual skills to better prepare you for the next step if desired. If you are someone who likes to work in a team environment while having the flexibility to be an independent problem solver this is the position for you.
- This position receives, accessions, and performs histology laboratory testing in accordance with laboratory protocol.
- Attention to detail, ability to perform work requiring manual dexterity, good problem solving skills, good customer service skills, ability to work independently, good problem solving skills.
- Perform tests and procedures in a histology laboratory; to perform functions associated with obtaining, receiving and processing of surgical pathology specimens in patients of all ages, to maintain laboratory equipment and supplies,
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree and graduate of a school of Histotechnology or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure/ Registration/ Certification: `
- Must be ASCP certified (HT) or (HTL)
- Experience cutting and embedding of specimens.
- Experience using laboratory instruments.
- Experience following laboratory procedures.
- Ability to work in a team-setting as well as individually.
- Problem solving skills.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.