Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Duration: 6 month-CTH
Start Date: ASAP
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 3rd shift, rotating weekends
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Performs a variety of the more specialized medical tissue testing and administrative tasks in support of clinical activities. Work involves preparation of tissue samples, which enable pathologist to determine the cause of death, cause and degree of disease of patient and the course of treatment.
• Investigates problems with equipment, test results, specimens, and/or workflow.
• Participates on teams or performs special projects/assignments.
• Performs quality control and equipment maintenance.
• Performs routine and more specialized test procedures. Prepares tissue slides by processing, embedding, sectioning, examining, and staining tissues received from surgical pathology, autopsy, hematology, cytology and research areas.
• Performs teaching of Clinical Laboratory Science students and Pathology residents and training of new employees. Serves as a technical resource.
• Prepares specimens and reagents, solutions, heat, or filters as required.
• Provides leadership and guidance to co-workers.
• Reports results to healthcare providers. Consults/confers with health care providers regarding test results.
• Reviews test results to ensure accuracy of report and timely correction of errors.
• Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Chemistry Science or Biological Science.
• HTL(ASCP) certified by the ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) within two years from date of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
• If Bachelor degree plus completion of NAACLS accredited histology program, no years of experience is required.
• If Bachelor degree in biological or chemical science, one (1) year of relevant laboratory experience.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.