Position: Financial Business Analyst
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Remote with occasional onsite meetings)
Duration: 6-12 Month Contract
Start Date: ASAP
Coordinates utilization of software applications for Financial Services with a focus on payroll and time & attendance applications and general finance applications at one of Wisconsin's leading hospital systems. Maintains a solid understanding of departmental needs and challenges as well as an understanding of the capabilities offered in delivered software packages. Supports and manages system implementation and upgrade initiatives and system issue resolution. Develops thorough process and procedure documentation and manages/oversees test plans to ensure the effective performance of all financial systems.
· Understands business activities and serves as the resource on financial services, payroll, and time and attendance software systems. Prioritizes keeping current with technology and capabilities of identified applications in use in Finance. Supports and manages functional implementation initiatives and selecting implementation/configuration/upgrade options with input from the user areas.
· Acts as the liaison with information services, payroll, finance, supply chain, and human resources with respect to all financial and payroll system related issues. Acts as first tier user support including troubleshooting and maintenance for all identified applications.
· Assists information services in developing project plans by representing the user’s needs and time requirements. Manages the project plan from the user perspective and provides feedback to IS on the status of tasks or any issues that arise.
· Develops thorough, documented test plans and manages/oversees the user testing process. Communicates with IS on user testing related to system configuration issues and transitions from test to live environments.
· Utilizes end-user reporting tools associated with financial, payroll, and time and attendance software packages. Ensures the effective utilization of these tools by end users and maximizes the performance by working with the appropriate IS staff.
· Coordinates system training and cross-training for all finance staff. Utilizes vendor provided training as well as in-house training methods.
· Develops recommendations and rational for system customization requests based on critical user needs and communicates those requests to appropriate IS staff.
· Develops departmental policies and procedures along with other department staff to maximize the consistency and efficiency of information systems utilization and also to minimize the impact of turnover within the departments.
· Develop and maintain reports for the financial, payroll, and time and attendance software systems.
· Work closely with managers and staff in supporting day to day finance and payroll functions.
· Troubleshoots financial, payroll, and time and attendance software system issues and delegates to the appropriate areas when necessary.
· Configure and maintain certain aspects of the financial, payroll, and time and attendance software systems.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of financial services, payroll processes, and other systems. Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, information systems or related field preferred.
· Understands business activities and serves as the functional support on financial services, payroll, and time and attendance software systems. Supports the setting of priorities and keeping current with technology and capabilities of identified applications in use in Finance.
· Three or more years of financial systems related support experience. PeopleSoft experience preferred.
· System experience with an Enterprise Payroll module and Automated Time and Attendance application preferred.
· Experience with GL, AP, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivable, Treasury, Inventory systems or modules are preferred.
· Ability to analyze and evaluate both user needs and business needs related to computer technology.
· Software implementation and upgrade experience preferred.
· Familiarity and experience with Visual Studio reporting tool, SQL or equivalent.
· Requires strong organizational and analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and organize time to meet projected target dates for project completion.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with various system users, leadership and vendors.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.