Position: Epidemiologist I
Contract: 6 month contract with possible extension
Location: Nashville, TN
Education: Must have Masters in Public Health
- Provide standards training, technical assistance, and oversight for viral hepatitis surveillance investigations, case follow-up, and data management for internal and external staff as requested.
- Conduct data processing and data reconciliation activities related to Viral Hepatitis as requested.
- Send newly reported chronic hepatitis C (under 40) aggregate case counts by the county to the Office of Informatics and Analytics for inclusion in the overdose monitoring data briefs monthly.
- Conduct statewide centralized notification process for chronic hepatitis C weekly for central office and field staff.
- Provide oversight of the data entry team and draft weekly threshold reports for each team member.
- Assist with development of 2020 Viral Hepatitis Epidemiologic Profile.
- Validate the hepatitis C virus care continuum by requesting medical records to determine if the client was successfully treated or reinfected.
- Participate in all VH staff meetings (routine or ad hoc).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Overseeing data entry team
- Data cleaning/processing
- QA reports
- Approving notifications
- Helping create Epi profile
- Looking to hire a data processing manager – would help train this person
- Requesting medical records
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.