Position: Epidemiologist I – Data Coordinator
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months, with the possibility of extension
Location: Nashville, TN
This person will coordinate all data analysis and reporting activities as a member of the COVID-19 Centralized Interview Team. They should have experience working with large datasets and SAS or other statistical analysis software. Main responsibilities will include examining program data to identify trends, data quality issues, etc., report and data visualization creation and COVID-19 cluster detection.
· Master’s in Public Health with a concentration in Epidemiology, Biostatistics or similar field
- Write/update SAS code to provide daily reporting of COVID-19 interview results to public health field staff and COVID19 leadership
- Analyze large datasets and perform database linkages in SAS, R, Tableau or other software for data requests, metrics, data quality reports and incidental requests
- Provide quick response of data inquiries and provide information of COVID-19 indicators to the public or public health partners
- Implement SAS code and REDCap project changes as guidance evolves or processes change
- Design and create data visualizations and dashboards (e.g., using Tableau, SAS, and Excel) for internal and external audiences
- Conduct routine surveillance to determine clusters and common exposures, and assisting with interpreting lines lists and reviewing case data to identify potential outbreaks
- Work with other team members to develop survey questions
- Ability to serve assigned weekends (at least 1 weekend a month)
- Ability to work remotely for the foreseeable future
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.