General Position Summary:
The ETL Developer is responsible for supporting the information management architecture of the Data Warehouse. This role is responsible for extracting, transforming and loading data into data staging, and the data warehouse. This role will work closely with the data architect, data modeler, data analysts and other project team members to understand requirements regarding ETL design flows and data integration. They will collaborate on definition, development, and maintenance of standards and processes. The ETL Developer will develop ETL solutions following the well-defined data warehouse design and development best practices.
- Develops efficient and high performing ETL solutions using SQL Server Integration Services
- Designs and builds logical mapping documents.
- Participates in design review sessions and peer ETL reviews.
- Assesses and profiles source and target data (data structure, quality, completeness, schema, nulls, etc.) and requested business use cases.
- Summarizes testing and validation results, and is able to communicate and make recommendations/decisions on the best course of action to remediate.
- Resourceful at coming up with solutions using existing or available resources based on knowledge of the organization and level of execution effort.
- Participates in agile work environment, attending daily scrum meetings and completing sprint deliverables on time.
- Supports practices, policies and operating procedures and ensures alignment to departmental objectives and strategy.
- Is able to make the complex seem less complex, is a consensus builder and brings people and teams together.
- Is able to calm tense situations by bringing clarity and organization to the forefront.
- Ensures each level of the organization has the information needed and the context needed to produce favorable results.
- Builds strong relationship with IT operational leaders to ensure connectivity to the business.
- Supports a work environment in which people are able to perform to the best of their abilities. Holds self accountable for technical abilities, productive results and leadership attributes.
Specific Job Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years experience in designing and developing ETL solutions.
- 3+ years working knowledge in a Data Warehouse/BI environment.
- 3+ years experience using Microsoft TSQL, SSIS, and SSAS
- 3+ years experience using EPICClarity data warehouse
- 2+ years experience using Informatica ETL toolset a plus
- Strong RDBMS experience and SQL Server.
- Strong SQL skills including complex SQL constructs, DDL generation.
- Snowflake experience is plus.
- Experience with TFS is preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, analytical, writing, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Healthcare domain is plus.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.