Position: COVID-19 Contact Tracer
Location: Remote (Florida)
Contract Duration: August 23, 2021 to December 17, 2021 with high chance of extension
Job Description: We are partnering with our Florida County School System client in response to the overwhelming spike in COVID-19 in the state of Florida to build out a Contact Tracing team. Contact tracing is part of the process of supporting patients with suspected or confirmed infection. In contact tracing, public health staff work with a patient to help them recall everyone with whom they have had close contact during the timeframe while they may have been infectious. Ideal candidates will have top notch communication over the phone, have a friendly personality and have a clinical, medical or public health background.
Minimum Qualifications: Experience providing excellent service over the phone.
- Utilize excellent and sensitive interpersonal, cultural sensitivity, and interviewing skills such that you build and maintain trust with patients and contacts as you work with a patient to help them recall everyone with whom they have had close contact during the timeframe while they may have been infectious.
- Notify exposed individuals (contacts) of their potential exposure as rapidly and sensitively as possible.
- Protect patient privacy, contacts are only informed that they may have been exposed to a patient with the infection. They are not told the identity of the patient who may have exposed them.
- Provide contacts with education, information, and support to understand their risk, what they should do to separate themselves from others who are not exposed, monitor themselves for illness, and the possibility that they could spread the infection to others even if they themselves do not feel ill.
- Encourage contacts to stay home and maintain social distance from others (at least 6 feet) until 14 days after last exposure, in case they also become ill. They should monitor themselves by checking their temperature twice daily and watching for cough or shortness of breath.
- Check in with contacts to make sure they are self-monitoring and have not developed symptoms. Contacts who develop symptoms should promptly isolate and they should be promptly evaluated for infection and for the need for medical care.
- Maintain data in contract tracing software.
Nice to Have Experience:
- Contact Tracing Certificate
- Public health or healthcare background
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.