Job Title: Clinical Research Nurse
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Duration: 6 month, CTH
Start Date: ASAP
The Clinical Research Nurse III performs basic nursing skills, study coordination and data management, with a central focus on managing subject recruitment and enrollment, consistency of study implementation, data management and integrity, and compliance with regulatory requirements and reporting.
- Collects and documents clinical information (data) from study participants.
- Provides patient education regarding research study.
- Obtains informed consent and supports enrollment into clinical trials.
- Interacts with consortium members, organizes meetings and communicates with participating institutions, tracks and records progress, schedules meetings, records and distributes minutes.
- May collect and process specimen tissue to be analyzed by technical personnel
- Works in collaboration with research team, and participates in identification, development, implementation and evaluation of specific goals and objectives.
- Supports administration in the adherence to protocol guidelines.
- Collects and assists in organizing data for the research team.
- Nursing Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing, BSN preferred
- PA RN License required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with a minimum of 1 year of RN clinical experience and a minimum of 1 year of clinical research experience. Some management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of key business concepts relevant to the healthcare function, the ability to balance business needs with patient care priorities.
- Knowledge of theories and methodologies of medical science research, ability to use research processes, tools and technologies to determine the safety and effectiveness of medical products and services intended for human use.
- Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods, ability to encourage, motivate, and guide individuals or teams in learning and improving effectiveness.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to use summarization and simplification techniques to explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience.
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external, ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process, ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
- Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies, ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.