Title: Chemistry Laboratory Supervisor/Manager
Position Type: 6-month contract-to-hire
- Senior level position
- Establishes service priorities, work routines, and workflow patterns; monitors workflow to assure prompt and efficient delivery of services.
- Consults with and keeps laboratory administrative staff informed of activities, needs, and problems.
- Consults with medical staff and other health care providers on matters relating to laboratory services.
- Directs, supervises, and coordinates technical functions and activities in any or all divisions of clinical laboratories.
- Demonstrates clinical competencies, performs duties of medical technologists or cytotechnologists as described in MT/CT job description, as well as, all functions found within the Technical Specialist job description for the departments.
- Serves as a technical resource to laboratory staff and medical staff.
- Assures adequate inventory of laboratory supplies and proper functioning of equipment.
- Establishes objectives and quality of work performance standards and competency requirements for clinical staff.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures subject to administrative and medical director approval.
- Develops and monitors quality control of tests and procedures.
- Communicates changes in testing protocols to appropriate individuals.
- Establishes policies and procedures to maintain compliance with The Joint Commission, Department of Public Health, College of American Pathologists, and other regulatory agencies.
- Takes appropriate action when deviations from standards occur.
- Reviews department/section manuals annually and updates as needed.
- Evaluates department performance and initiates, recommends, implements measures to improve services and quality of current methodologies.
- Investigates incidents and accidents, takes appropriate action, and prepares reports.
- Maintains hospital and department policies and procedures, including quality assurance, safety, and infection control.
- Maintains all laboratory records, reports, statistics, logs, files, assisted by subordinate staff according to hospital/laboratory policy and regulatory requirements.
- Participates collaboratively in meetings/committees as required/requested.
- Demonstrates fiscal competence, prepares and manages a budget, monitors and manages expenses; submits timely and thorough variance reports. Manages and controls fiscal resources, including preparation and ongoing monitoring of a yearly departmental budget.
- Demonstrates vision, uses strategic planning, consulting with Medical director concerning testing/equipment needs. Investigates new methodologies and technologies and initiates updates to current methods as needed. Plans for replacement needs of aging equipment and works with vendors on new equipment needs.
- Ensures effective selection, staffing levels, orientation and training.
- Mentors, motivates, and empowers staff to continually improve performance.
- Provides for orientation, in-service training, and continuing education of all departmental staff.
- Meets/exceeds deadlines; prioritizes appropriately; Demonstrates accountability and possesses high expectation for self and others.
- Provides on-site administrative responsibility for pathology department as a whole, or any department/s within the laboratory, in absence of laboratory administrative personnel.
- General management of the staff within the laboratory
- proven leadership and managerial skills
- Experience with ROCHE
- Experience with integration of technology/instrumentation
- Experience with validation of large instruments
- ASCP certification
- Experience troubleshooting issues and working through them with colleagues
- Chemistry Expertise (has worked in a chemistry lab)
- Testing, procedures, validating, and instrumentation experience.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.