Cell Therapy Scientist
5 days in Spring House, PA
1 year contract, high likelihood of extension
Our client is looking for an experienced scientist to join the Translational research team within the Oncology Therapeutic Area. This scientist will be responsible for driving functional and molecular testing to support the clinical development of all pipeline projects. The position resides in a highly interactive team, so a collaborative spirit, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and strong interpersonal skills are both necessary and highly valued.
- Perform plate-based experiments using technologies such as flow cytometer, Incucyte and assay development in cell therapy, to support preclinical work of programs in the portfolio and new targets.
- Be proficient in multiple cell biology assays that could include cell proliferation, cellular cytotoxicity, immune cell isolation from whole blood, cell culture.
- Interpret complex data, rework experiments based on interpretations.
- Troubleshooting, teaching tasks and techniques, correct issues, and provide unsolicited ideas to the team.
- Prepare clear and concise summaries of their data and present to the project team and senior colleagues.
- Work in a collaborative environment, being organized, demonstrate urgency and be sensitive to timelines.
- Communicate results back to the team in meetings, through technical reports, ELN entries, and other means of standard communication.
- Ph.D or M.S. with 1 years of experience OR BS/BA with 4 years of experience required.
- Strong cell biology and assay development skills required.
- Cell/tissue culture with Flow Cytometry/FACS required.
- Background in Cancer Biology strongly preferred.
- Prior Biotech/Pharma experience strongly preferred.
- Flow cytometry and imaging flow cytometry (IFC) experience, assay development skills and ability to perform cell functional assays.
- Cellular and molecular analyses of primary specimens from human donors
- Knowledge of T cell biology, antigen recognition and metabolism
- Previous translational research experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.