Position: COVID-19 Case Investigator
Location: Providence, RI and Remote
Job Description: Contact tracing is part of the process of supporting patients with suspected or confirmed infection. In contact tracing, public health staff work with a patient to help them recall everyone with whom they have had close contact during the timeframe while they may have been infectious.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Easy access to reliable home internet/wi-fi
- Associate's Degree or post-secondary education certificate completed
- Healthcare experience required
- Utilize excellent and sensitive interpersonal, cultural sensitivity, and interviewing skills such that you build and maintain trust with patients and contacts as you work with a patient to help them recall everyone with whom they have had close contact during the timeframe while they may have been infectious.
- Notify exposed individuals (contacts) of their potential exposure as rapidly and sensitively as possible.
- Protect patient privacy, contacts are only informed that they may have been exposed to a patient with the infection. They are not told the identity of the patient who may have exposed them.
- Provide contacts with education, information, and support to understand their risk, what they should do to separate themselves from others who are not exposed, monitor themselves for illness, and the possibility that they could spread the infection to others even if they themselves do not feel ill.
- Encourage contacts to stay home and maintain social distance from others (at least 6 feet) until 14 days after their last exposure, in case they also become ill. They should monitor themselves by checking their temperature twice daily and watching for cough or shortness of breath.
- Check in with contacts to make sure they are self-monitoring and have not developed symptoms. Contacts who develop symptoms should promptly isolate and they should be promptly evaluated for infection and for the need for medical care.
- Maintain data in contract tracing software.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.