Position: Cardiac Device Technician
Location: NYC, NY
Duration: 6 month contract to hire
The Cardiac Device Technician is responsible for assisting the Nurse Practitioners and Physicians in the management of all patients with implanted cardiac devices requiring cardiac device therapy. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a remote monitoring program that includes scheduling, billing, downloading and analysis of clinical device transmissions. Typical duties will include clinical interrogation of pacemakers, Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator (ICD) devices, and implantable loop recorders; review of patient cardiac rhythms, and other clinical interrogation data and preparation of preliminary reports for physicians.
1. Scheduling of clinic and remote appointments.
2. Registering patients on vendor websites for remote monitoring systems.
3. Monitoring websites for remote transmissions and urgent alerts.
4. Downloading and analysis of transmissions.
5. Interrogation and programming of pacemakers, ICD devices and loop recorders under the direct supervision of physicians and cardiac device certified allied professionals.
6. Holter Monitor set-up and reporting.
7. Monitor Transmission status of all remotely monitored device patients within the practice via the vendor website
8. Maintains accurate & complete documentation & records; generates reports as needed; enters information in database system; ensures data integrity.
9. Participates in quality assurance activities; ie. Remote monitoring patient compliance
- Graduate of an accredited EKG school or equivalent training/experience in interpreting cardiac arrhythmias
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Graduate of a Cardiac Arrhythmia Technology Program
- Working conditions: clinic/outpatient setting
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.