Title: BMET III- Site Lead
Location: Westwood, NJ
The Biomedical Equipment Technician III (BMET III) installs, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, calibrates, and verifies the performance of highly complex biomedical equipment and systems, independent of technical supervision. The individual should be competent in the use of all applicable test equipment and tools required in the performance of duties. The BMET III serves as an advisor to administrative, medical, and clinical staff in the safe use and proper operation of clinical equipment and in developing specifications for the selection of new equipment. This position also contributes to department improvement and development by mentoring other associates. The individual demonstrates adherence to the clients core values in all professional interactions by showing respect to all people, creating real value, initiating meaningful change, and exhibiting integrity.
Full-time, includes comprehensive health/wellness benefits, retirement, training opportunities.
• Perform performance assurance (PA) inspections, scheduled maintenance, electrical safety inspections (ESI), and operation verification procedures (OVP) on highly complex and intricate biomedical equipment and systems
• Repair, install, and calibrate highly complex and intricate biomedical equipment and systems
• Inform supervisors of the status of repairs, scheduled inspections, unusual equipment situations, and any customer concerns
• Work with, direct, and document the activities of subcontractors, vendors, and outside service technicians to ensure proper service delivery
• Maintain biomedical expertise through ongoing training and education
• Lead Service Operations Special Projects as assigned. Travel to sites andor work with other Central Office associates as necessary for the collection and analysis of information andor data pertaining to any special assignments
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include the inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
• Adhere to the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP), including all regulatory agency compliances and other applicable policies and procedures
• Responsible for ensuring all service and documentation is complete, timely, and accurate
Account Relationship Management
• Build and maintain customer relationships
• Discuss equipment status and functionality with clinicians
• Adheres to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the organization(s) served.
• Serve as an ambassador for company by integrating the core values into job performance
• Perform periodic inspections of current inventory status
• Verify the completion of security analysis for new customer equipment
• Performs Incoming Inspections (II) to maintain a complete and accurate inventory of medical devices, including trial and evaluation, rental, and loaner equipment in addition to permanently assigned equipment inventory.
• Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
• Make recommendations regarding inventory
Education and Work Experience
• Associates degree in a technical/electronics field or equivalent military training required
• Bachelors degree in engineering technology preferred
• Technical Certification (CBET) preferred
• Minimum 5 years experience working with biomedical equipment in a clinical engineering environment
• Valid drivers license required; variable travel requirements depending on primary site that may require use of personal vehicle
• Complex computer skills required, including the ability to administrate a system, interpret error codes, defragment hard-drives, replace power supplies, interpret computer codes, and apply networking concepts
• Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.