Job Title: Biomedical Technician
Location: Marion, Ohio
Start Date: 5/22/23
Duration: 6 month contract to hire
Our healthcare client in Columbus, Ohio is looking for a entry level Biomedical Technician (BMET) to to join the clinical engineering team! As a BMET, you will interact with multiple end users for break-fix on non-life support medical devices! This team of 4 focuses on preventative and corrective maintenance for medical devices. This is an excellent opportunity to start your career as a Biomedical Technician and be trained by experienced technicians while working at one of the top healthcare systems in Ohio!
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Engineering technology or related technology
- Specialized Knowledge: Anatomy & Physiology, Networking systems
- Excellent communication and service skills
- Ability to drive between hospital locations
Major duties/responsibilities & Essential Functions are:
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance (PMs) on non-life support medical devices (low and medium risk)
- Performs corrective maintenance on non-life support medical devices, (Low and medium risk)
- Maintains an accurate inventory listing of medical devices in the departmental database and proper documentation for corrective actions on medical devices.
- Works with team to escalate issues
- Maintain high levels of professionalism while working with different members of the healthcare system
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.